- The first chakra or base chakra, Muladhara derives its name from Sanskrit roots: moola (root,base) and adhara (support).
- The root chakra is the primal life energy of survival.
- This four petal lotus governs memory, time and space.
Four Petals of the Muladhara
The Sanskrit Letters on the petals of the lotus are ablaze with a golden color to signify the life energy within this powerful root chakra.
Each chakra is embedded with qualities called vrittis (whirlpools) which are thought-forms or emotions held within the chakra.
- Highest Bliss (Paramananda)
- Innate Bliss (Sahajananda)
- Heroic Bliss (Virananda)
- Bliss of Union (Yogananda)
Characteristics of the Muladhara
Root Chakra Symptoms of Imbalance
- Poor Sleep
- Lower Back Pain
- Immune-related Disorders
- Obesity and Eating Disorders
- Feeling Ungrounded
- Not Accepting of Life
Balancing Chakra Energy: Healing Through the Five Senses
Mudra & Mantras